We are promoting a new research topic entitled Advances in Hydrological Monitoring with Unmanned Aerial Systems in Frontiers in Remote Sensing.
Abstract Submission by March 2021
Manuscript Submission by July 2021
This Research Topic, we would like to promote research which explores the contribution that UASs can provide on hydrological observations, understanding of hydraulic and hydrological processes and development of modelling approaches. More specifically, topics of interests are the following:
• Development of new sensors and Unmanned Aerial System configurations devoted to hydrological monitoring;
• Definition of guidelines of the best-practices to improve the overall quality of the final products promoting a consistent use of UASs in hydrology;
• Development of new algorithms able to exploit high resolution observations;
• Development of new methodologies to fill the gap between satellite observation and field data;
• Coupled application of hydrological models exploiting Unmanned Aerial System observations; and
• Linking the Unmanned Aerial System monitoring of hydrological processes to its novel applications in agricultural management, water resources management, early warning systems etc.
Keywords: UAS, Environmental Monitoring, Hydrology, Rivers, Vegetation.